Going Home From A Party in Florida? Here Are 5 Tips To Avoid Drunk Driving Accidents
Southwest Florida is no stranger to exciting parties, and when there are parties, then there’s bound to be delicious food and enjoyable alcoholic drinks! Everyone loves a good party and you should definitely enjoy it to the fullest, but it is highly important to also be responsible and take care of yourself. One way to do this is by avoiding drunk driving accidents after a crazy night out.
Many car accidents in Florida are caused by DUIs or Driving Under the Influence. To help keep you safe and unharmed, here are 5 ways you can prevent getting into a DUI accident.
• Do Not Ride With An Intoxicated Driver - There are high chances that almost everyone in the party has consumed alcohol, and no matter how little they drank there is always a chance that they can be affected and intoxicated. People who are under the influence may appear clear-headed at first but can lose consciousness while on the road. If you want to leave the party and go home, reject car invites from people who consumed alcohol and consider your other options.
• Book A Car Ride - If you cannot drive yourself home and your friends are also intoxicated, the next option for you is to book a car service. Booking car rides are now the norm and it is so much safer than attempting to drive yourself home while intoxicated. You can also book one in advance if you and your friends do plan to drink during the party.
• Pick A Designated Driver - Assigning someone in your friend group as a designated driver is also a good idea. The designated driver will be refraining from drinking o consuming anything that has alcoholic content so they can stay alert and be able to bring everyone home safely after the party. Big groups usually have an appointed designated driver for the night and it is a very smart move.
• Be Alert When On The Road - You may have avoided drinking during the party but it may not be the same for other drivers on the highway. In many DUI accidents, innocent drivers are the ones who are hit and dragged into an accident by drunk drivers. They can suddenly stop their vehicle and cause you to collide against them, or they can lose control of their car and their unpredictable movements can lead to accidents. Nevertheless, slowing down and observing other cars on the road can be helpful.
• Stay The Night Or Book A Room - Staying the night at your friend’s house or booking a hotel room is better than attempting to drive home while drunk. Just stay behind and rest until you are feeling better and more clear of mind. You are so much safer in a guest room or a couch than driving on the highway while intoxicated.
Sometimes, no matter how responsible we try to be, DUI accidents still happen. It can be from minor nicks to fatal car collisions. If you encounter or get involved in a DUI accident, do not hesitate to reach out to an auto accident lawyer who can help you fight for your rights and your claims after the accident.