How An Accident Reconstruction Can Help Prove Liability In A Sarasota Auto Accident
Sarasota auto accidents happen very quickly and mostly without any warning. This shock can make the details of the accident fuzzy, making it hard to recount what really happened. Add to that many people do not want to be found at fault for the accident. So people may tell the story in a way that exonerates them of any fault. Sometimes even the police have a hard time clarifying details in their report. In many cases, this can lead to contradictory stories that make proving liability complex. Luckily, an accident reconstructionist can help clear the details.
What Is Accident Reconstruction?
Accident reconstruction is essentially when an expert builds a simulation of the accident. They investigate the details of the accident to reconstruct all the events. Accident reconstructionists use a lot of factors to reconstruct an accident including:
● The conditions of the road where the accident happened including factors like construction, road material, and whether
● The state of the drivers and if they were intoxicated or otherwise engaged in distracted driving
● The mechanical conditions of the car such as were the tires inflated properly, were the brake pads in good condition, or other factors that can impede driving
● The speed and angle of impact leading to the crash
● How vehicles would respond to the impact including the direction they moved
● Braking patterns, steering angles, and other driving behaviors at the time of the crash
These are just some of the types of factors they consider when reconstructing their accident. They also look at things like the damage on the vehicles and surrounding area and use complex equations to determine things like velocity and angle of impact.
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Accident reconstruction offers a number of benefits. First, since accident reconstructionists have nothing to gain or lose, they are considered objective third parties. As a result, courts highly value their perspective. Secondly, accident reconstructionists can help clear up contradictory statements and show the truth of what happened during the accident. Finally, with the modeling, accident reconstructionists are often able to help disseminate what party was at fault for the accident. This all can help support your claims of liability. They can also show the severity of the accident and help prove the value of your damages.
When Should You Work With An Accident Reconstructionist?
There are several cases where the courts would like to hear from an accident reconstructionist including:
● When there were no witnesses to or camera footage of the crash
● When the drivers do not recall the details of the accident or when the drivers have conflicting memories of the accident
● When a defective part, mechanical failure, or poor road conditions may have contributed to the accident
They are also almost always used in wrongful death claims.
How Do I Hire An Accident Reconstructionist For My Florida Auto Accident?
Accident reconstructionists are professionals that are hired to model the accident and testify to the courts. Auto accident attorneys work with accident reconstructionists, along with other expert witnesses. Typically, if your attorney thinks you will benefit from accident reconstruction, they will hire one on your behalf. When they are hired, they will be given evidence like the police accident report, photographs from the scene, and information on the vehicles. They may also take statements from the drivers involved in the accident and any witnesses.
Accident reconstructionists are one of the many expert witnesses that may help your case. The testimony from these objective third party experts can help do everything from explain what happened during the crash to who was at fault for the accident. Skilled accident attorneys, like the team at JusticePays.com in Sarasota, have a network of expert witnesses. They tap their expertise whenever they need to prove difficult details from the case.